Pages

Saturday 29 October 2016

The Standing Order, Lower Southampton



One of four (soon to be five) Wetherspoons in Southampton. This is actually the first pub I can remember visiting in Southampton. It was a few years before we came to live here. I'd given my wife a lift to a job interview, and I came here for a drink while waiting. It didn't impress me. I have been here a few times since being in Southampton. I met up with a couple of old friends who were playing a flying visit. It's central enough to be handy for that. I reviewed it for BITE in Jan 2015:

Large and busy. Unremarkable interior. Good staff. Selection rather disappointing. Giddy Bridge is better for beer range and ambiance.

Serves as a link between Oxford Street and Bedford Place, but not a very happy one.

Date: Oct 2016     Score: 4

Ambience

Came in on a rainy Monday evening after dropping off Phocea for swimming. It's loud with sweat, swearing and stale cigarettes. Not a pleasant experience. This is the worse Spoon in town.

Date: Sept 2019.  Score: 3


30 High Street
SO14 2DF

Opens at 7.00am every day, serves beer from 9.00am


* BITE



No comments:

Post a Comment