Pages

Sunday 5 March 2023

Slug & Lettuce, Southampton Central

  

Slug & Lettuce is a female friendly pub chain in Southampton city centre, owned by Stonegate and aimed at a young adult market.  


Relaxed vibe

We sat by the window. There was a relaxed vibe, though on the whole the place felt slightly dull and ordinary. There was a lack of warmth and character. 


General ambience

The place was calm, relaxed, unhurried. Though it was also largely unoccupied. We had the Brewdog Planet Pale keg lager. Like the venue, the lager was inoffensive and unmemorable. 


Date: March 2022    Score: 4





I'd forgotten that I visited in March 2022, so came again. Sat at the back away from the window this time. And I was on my own, having popped into town on an errand.   


Limited keg beer selection

This has a similar vibe and set up as All Bar One, but has two floors, and is a little scruffy and in need of a refurb. The upstairs room is light and open and quite pleasant, while the downstairs is somewhat dark and blocked in with pillars. 

Upstairs bar

Clientele on a wet Wednesday afternoon are three other tables occupied with small groups of women, and one man drinking and chatting at the bar. Limited choice of popular keg beers. 


The downstairs is a little drab and closed in


 This is the start of a very pub and bar congested area of Southampton so I am unsure of the attraction of coming here rather than other bars, but I suppose I'm not the target market.  It's an acceptable place, but it lacks charm, needs a refurb, and the dark and blocked in feel is off-putting. 

 
Halloumi wrap and nachos 


I had the Brewdog Planet Pale, a harmless and forgettable keg lager. To eat I had a halloumi wrap and nachos, which I found quite tasty, and reasonably healthy. It was approx £12 for meal and drink. An acceptable lunch.  


Date: March 2023   Score: 4



103-105 Above Bar Street
Southampton
SO14 7FG

Open 12noon to 11pm





No comments:

Post a Comment