Pages

Monday 6 March 2023

Blue's Smokehouse, Southampton Central (closed)

   


A meat focused American themed child friendly restaurant with a bar. Opens at 9am most days. They do imitation-meat veggie meals. 

 
Twelve beers on tap

Great vibe. Twelve popular keg beers including a regular guest. I had the guest, Shindigger Grand Central IPA - a cold keg lager, inoffensive and forgettable.


A cool vibe

The room is double storey height with a mezzanine area overlooking the main area. Low level booths. Chairs like fifties car seats. Wooden tables. Pleasant soft rock music on a Friday lunchtime. Not too loud, but fairly assertive - however, conversation is possible.  Guitars and a motorcycle are among the decorative items. Toilets upstairs.


Quiet ambiance on a cold Friday lunchtime


 A very likable place. 


Date: March 2023   Score:  6



 
Sibs Who Lunch


Returned with my sister for Sibs Who Lunch. Different staff today, but just as cool as last time. Good music. A generally pleasant vibe as before. We had lunch, which is very much burger focused. Lyn liked hers. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. The veggie burger is Moving Mountain, which I have seen around on menus - this was, to my knowledge, my first Moving Mountain burger, so I was curious. It was, to be honest, hard to get at the burger itself through all the dressings, including some hot peppers which I had to remove. I had some of the burger by itself and found it to be as tasty, and rather similar to, the McDonalds and the Burger King veggie burgers. It is a more substantial meal, though I prefer the McPlant and the Plant Based Whopper, mostly, I suppose, because they are half the price or less. But, to be taken into consideration, is that you can get a beer with your burger in Blue's, and it has a better atmosphere. None the less I was a little disappointed at the price, poor menu choice, and general lack of imagination. Marked down a tad because this is not the food destination I thought it was going to be from my first visit. 

 Date: March 2023   Score:  5


    
The Southampton Beer Bash

In March 2023 I organised a Southampton pub crawl for my son, daughter-in-law, and friends. First stop was Blue's Smokehouse to stack up on some food before the crawl. I had arranged it with the venue beforehand, yet on the day the service was so silly slow it impacted hugely on my plans for the crawl, and I had to skip a few pubs. We all enjoyed ourselves because it was a good crowd, and nobody got upset at the delays, but I wasn't happy, and it took the shine off the place for me. I haven't been back. 

 Date: March 2023   Score: 4


  

Last few times I've gone past Blue's Smokehouse on the bus the place looks closed. So I checked on their Facebook page, and they announced the place as closed in July 2023

Date: May 2024   Score: N/A 


Unit 6, the Arts Centre
138 Above Bar Street
Southampton
SO14 7DU

Open Mon - Thurs Noon to 10.30pm
Fri - Sun 9am to late 





No comments:

Post a Comment