Pages

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Pig 'N' Whistle, Shirley




This is a pleasant and relaxed place. More modern coffee shop and diner than bar. No cask beer. I popped in a while back, but didn't stop for a drink because I wanted a cask beer. Passed by over the weekend on my way to the Stile Inn, and I noticed that it had a sign saying Under New Management, so I might check it out again, see if they have brought beer back, or if the "new management" refers to the Polish family who had it when I popped in during 2016.

OK, I've got back here, and there are three pumps, two with beer on: Tribute and Doom Bar. Does food, so I have some scrambled eggs on toast with Prava beer. Music is cool - just the right level. Appears I'm the only non-Polish person in the pub. I'm not sure how much the place has changed since my last visit, but it feels quite pub-like, albeit a modern upmarket sort if pub.


Date: March 2017   Score: 6


Currently open for drinks and food in the back beer garden. Hours and menu uncertain. No non-smoking area in the garden ("you can smoke in the garden everywhere") so won't be visiting until the inside is open. 

Date: April 2021 


Independent

Pig 'N' Whistle, (formerly Sidford Inn)
108 Shirley Road
SO15 3FD

Open: Mon-Tue 4pm to 11pm; Wed-Thurs 2pm to 11pm Fri-Sun: Noon to 11pm/Midnight
Food: Fri-Sun: Noon to 7/8pm 

* WhatPub
* Facebook
* TripAdvisor
***

No comments:

Post a Comment